- May 8: GM Transmission Lawsuit Involves 8-Speed Automatics news | 11 days ago
- April 23: GM PCV Lawsuit Alleges Rear Main Seal Leaks Oil news | 26 days ago
- April 15: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 34 days ago
- April 7: Recall: GM Truck Hero Bed Covers May Detach recalls | 42 days ago
- April 2: GM Windshield Wiper Recall Includes Equinox and Terrain recalls | 47 days ago
GMC Preliminary Evaluation PE02066: ENGINE STALL DUE TO FUEL STARVATION
2000 GMC Sonoma
ENGINE STALL DUE TO FUEL STARVATION
Fuel System, Gasoline
Fuel System, Gasoline:Delivery:Fuel Pump
Fuel System, Other
Fuel System, Other:Delivery:Fuel Pump
- ODI opened PE02-066 to evaluate the scope and consequence of engine power-loss due to fuel starvation induced by in-tank modular fuel pump strainer restriction.the subject pumps use an external 'sockż strainer to filter fuel flowing to the pump inlet.this filter can sometimes become clogged, resulting in a reduced flow of fuel to the engine.GM has subsequently modified the strainers to reduce this restriction.analysis of the ODI complaint database shows that despite these restrictions, the subject vehicles stall at a rate that is comparable to those of many peer vehicles.additionally, none of the relevant warranty repair rates exceed 1% at 36 months of exposure.one related crash involves a stalled vehicle that was rear-ended on the roadway, while the remainder involved minor collisions or scrapes.the sole injury consisted of bruising from a low speed frontal crash. Given these circumstances, further expenditure of Agency resources is not justified in this matter.the preliminary evaluation is therefore closed.the closing of this investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that no safety-related defect exists.the Agency will take further action in the future if warranted.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.