2012 GMC Terrain accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Terrain:

2012 GMC Terrain Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 122018

TL the contact owns a 2012 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that the windshield wipers failed to function. The vehicle was not inspected or diagnosed by an independent mechanic or dealer. Monument Chevrolet (3940 pasadena fwy, pasadena, tx 77503, (713) 473-7601) was contacted and stated that the vehicle was not included in any recall campaigns to replace the part. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Nov 012017

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that the windshield wipers failed to function properly. The part was replaced by an independent mechanic; but, the failure continued with the driver's side wiper failing to function and impacted the contact's visibility. The vehicle was not diagnosed by a dealer. The manufacturer issued 26 tsbs for the visibility and was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 73,465.

- Brockton, MA, USA

Jan 122018

Was driving in the middle of a torrential downpour and had my wipers on high when all of a sudden they just stopped working almost causing me to crash and die. Thought maybe it was a fuse problem but came to find out that there was a recall on a plastic piece that breaks off on the 2013 GMC Terrain what is not recalled on my vehicle so I had to pay to have this fixed and it was not cheap. Checking online numerous people have had the same exact thing happened to them for the 2012 model Terrain and I do not understand why such a safety issue is not addressed immediately so as to not cause anybody to crash and die.

- Brick, NJ, USA

Jul 012016

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Terrain. Whether stationary or driving the vehicle various speeds, the windshield developed a black film that reflected a glare into the contact's eyes. The issue obstructed the contact's view of the road. Greater lowell GMC in lowell, Massachusetts was made aware of the failure and initially stated that it was the tint of the vehicle that caused the glare and that it was normal. Upon further inspection, the cause of the failure could not be determined. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 20,000.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Sep 212017

Windshield wipers failed during a heavy downpour while traveling 60mph on the highway. Without warning wipers stopped in the middle of my windshield I was completely blinded and had to abruptly pull onto the shoulder and wait for the rain to stop before I could drive again. This is a serious safety hazard and clearly a common problem for GMC since they recalled wipers on the 2013 Terrain. They should be responsible for the 2012 models as well. It's only a matter of time before this problem kills someone if it hasn't already.

- Killen, AL, USA

Sep 082017

My windshield wipers stopped functioning while driving in a rain storm. I had to pull over until the rain subsided enough for me to have partial but impaired visibility. I had the garage where I get my oil changed look and it and they said a bushing was worn and I need a new wiper assembly. There is a recall #25302 with same complaint for 2013 GMC Terrains. I called GMC and was told this repair would be my responsibility.

- Laporte, IN, USA

Sep 072017

While traveling under severe rain front wipers stopped working

- East Liverpool, OH, USA

Aug 072017

Windshield wipers stopped working while driving (on highway) in the rain resulting in compromised visibility. I tried turning the wipers off while driving and eventually restarted the car to see if that would help. The wipers remained stuck in a vertical position despite these efforts. Eventually, I manually slid the wipers into the down position.

- Youngsville, NC, USA

Jun 232017

The contact owns a 2012 GMC terrian. The contact stated that during inclement weather, the windshield wipers failed. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to sun auto dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiper motor had malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact that there was no recall. The failure mileage was 63,578.

- Cortland, NY, USA

Jun 232017

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Terrain. While driving 50 mph, the windshield wipers failed during a heavy rainstorm. Champion Buick of brighton, Michigan was contacted and stated that there was no recall on the vehicle, and advised the contact to file a complaint with NHTSA. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and referred the contact to NHTSA. The failure mileage was 253,000.

- Howell, MI, USA

Jun 172017

Driving at 35 miles an hour on a double lane highway in very heavy rain at about 6:00 P.M.. the windshield wipers were on high to clear the water from the windshield. Wipers stopped working during the middle of the storm. I was able to safely navigate my car to a parking lot and wait for the rain to stop. Later upon inspection the ball joint became separated from the socket which rendered the windshield wipers useless. See attachments. This has been reported to GM and is a known problem in Canada. "25300-03: Safety recall - front wiper transmission corrosion failure (Canada only) - 2010-2017 Chevrolet equinox & GMC Terrain". I notified GM about this and they stated they will notify me if they issue a recall for my VIN.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

May 212017

The windshield wipers stopped working while I was driving on the freeway in the rain on the night of 5/21/2017. I had to pull over to wait for a break in the weather because I had no visibility. I waited for hours before it was clear enough to see. I was told by the mechanic the transmission in the wipers went out. The dealership told me there is a recall for this on the make model and year of my vehicle but I have to file a report to get added to the recall because my VIN is not currently apart of the open recall. I still do not currently have operational wipers

- South Euclid, OH, USA

May 052017

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that while driving in the rain at about 60 mph, the wipers stopped functioning without any warning. The vehicle was pulled over to the side and the contact repaired the wipers. The repair performed was unknown. The dealer was informed about the failure and confirmed that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Lowell, MA, USA

May 062017

While driving 70 mph on an interstate highway in the rain the wipers stopped working. The wiper motor works but it is no longer attached to the blades.

- Lakewood, OH, USA

Apr 272017

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Terrain. During a heavy storm, the windshield wipers stopped working without warning. Upon inspection, the contact noticed that the bushing detached from the wiper blade. The dealer diagnosed that the entire wiper blade would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 138,000.

- Lansing, IL, USA

Apr 272017

Windshield wiper are not working, I was driving home in a storm and I could have killed someone and or myself. It all happened with out warning. I had to wait until the storm let up some and drive.

- Lansing, IL, USA

Feb 152017

Wipers stopped working on me twice and both times I was driving during heavy rain. Although I could not see, luckily I was able to pull over each times the occurrence happened. I was so scared because I went from visibility to non in seconds and to pull over in an area unfamiliar to me the first time. I have been to hennessy GMC service twice, an on both occasions; I was told about recall and that parts has to come from Canada since car origin is from Canada. I also was told the wipers are temporarily repaired. No wipers are not. The first time I did not have to sign papers but the 2nd time I did when I went back to the dealership bothin anger and nervousness.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Dec 282015

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that the windshield wiper transmission on the driver side was corroded and failed to work. It was difficult to drive the vehicle safely. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was determined that it was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V582000 (visibility). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Sturgeon Bay, WI, USA

Aug 292016

Linkage arm broken from motor. Windshield wiper motor sounded, but would not move. The recall for 2013 should apply to 2012 as well.

- White Lake, MI, USA

Sep 292016

I was driving to work in extremely heavy rain this past Thursday morning during rush hour. I was traveling on I 96 in detroit and was probably going 60 mph which is 10 mph below the speed limit. Without any warning, my windshield wipers which were on high due to the very heavy rain, ceased to work leaving me in an extreamly dangerous position. I was unable to see and was in heavy traffic. I slowed my speed, turned on hazard lights and moved to the right shoulder safely, thankfully. I called road service to get a tow and had my car serviced at a local gas station. The mechanic said I needed a new wiper module which cost me $260. I found a recall for the exact same problem for 2013 GMC Terrains, NHTSA recall no. 16V-582, manufacturer recall no:25302. I feel they should look into including earlier models.

- Livonia, MI, USA