- January 2: Honda 5-Speed Transmission Class Action Settlement news | 19 days ago
- December 22: Honda Recalls Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid and Insight Vehicles recalls | 30 days ago
- December 19: Honda Driveshaft Recall Follows 152 Warranty Claims recalls | 33 days ago
- December 18: Honda CR-V Window Switch Recall: 23 Fires recalls | 34 days ago
- December 18: Honda Recalls 770,000 Accords, Accord Hybrids and Insights recalls | 34 days ago
Honda Recall A3O: Vehicle May Lose Power
2018 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
A loss of power can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
Hybrid Propulsion System
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Clarity Fuel Cell vehicles previously repaired under recall 18V-068. The previous software remedy may have been incomplete. As a result, the fuel cell control unit (FC-ECU) may misinterpret a small cell voltage drop, causing the vehicle to have a partial or complete loss of power.
- Honda has notified owners, and dealers will update the FC-ECU software, free of charge. The recall began February 14, 2019. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is A3O.
- Documents (11)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 12 21 2018 Subject 2017-18 Clarity Fuel Cell – Fuel Cell Voltage Misdetection Safety Recall
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Statement by American Honda Regarding Fuel Cell Voltage Misdetection Recall: 2017-2018 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.