- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 44 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 64 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 68 days ago
Hyundai Recall 172: ABS Module May Short Circuit
2008 Hyundai Azera
An electrical short within the ABS Module may cause an engine compartment fire, even when the car is turned off, increasing the risk of an injury.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2006-2011 Hyundai Azera and 2006 Hyundai Sonata vehicles. Water may enter the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) Module and result in an electrical short.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will install a relay in the vehicle's main junction box to prevent the risk of an ABS short-circuit while the car is turned off, free of charge. The recall began on February 19, 2018. Owners may call Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's number for this recall is 172.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.