- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 8 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 12 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 20 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 41 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 55 days ago
Hyundai Recall 135: Rear Suspension Bolts May Be Loose
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
If the rear differential loosens from its mounting position, the driveshaft may disconnect from the differential, resulting in a loss of propulsion and an increased risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Genesis Coupe vehicles manufactured December 28, 2011, to April 6, 2015, equipped with manual transmissions. In the affected vehicles, if the differential and the suspension rear crossmember were not properly aligned during vehicle assembly, the bolts that secure the differential may loosen.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will verify the proper assembly of the differential, free of charge. The recall began on December 30, 2015. Owners may contact Hyundai's customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 135.
- Documents (10)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: December 11, 2015 SUBJECT: Recall Campaign 135 – 2013 – 2015 Genesis Coupe Rear Differential Inspection (TSB# 15-01-054)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Important Recall Campaign Information Date: December 11, 2015 Subject: Recall Campaign 135: 2013-2015 Manual Transmission Genesis Coupe Differential Carrier Mounting Bolts
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.