- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 14 days ago
- February 28: Hyundai Tucson Oil Leak Recall Issued For Fire Risk recalls | 17 days ago
- February 3: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Targets Pistons news | 42 days ago
- February 1: Hyundai Sunroof Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 44 days ago
Hyundai Recall 178: Electrical Resistance At Main Relay May Cause Fire
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
The increased electrical resistance can overheat the rear seat which is above the PRA, increasing the risk of a fire.
Hybrid Propulsion System — Inverter
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and 2018 Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid vehicles. The Main Relay within the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) may have inadequate connections between its contacts, causing increased electrical resistance.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) for damage. If no damage is found, the main relay will be replaced. If damage is found, the PRA will be replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began February 28, 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 178.
Click a tab for more information.