- September 17: Hyundai Elantra Engine Lawsuit Dismissed news | 29 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Cause 11 Class Action Lawsuits news | 50 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 60 days ago
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe 'Hesitation on Acceleration' Lawsuit Survives news | 66 days ago
- July 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Recalled Over Fire Risk recalls | 77 days ago
Hyundai Recall 178: Electrical Resistance At Main Relay May Cause Fire
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
The increased electrical resistance can overheat the rear seat which is above the PRA, increasing the risk of a fire.
Hybrid Propulsion System — Inverter
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and 2018 Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid vehicles. The Main Relay within the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) may have inadequate connections between its contacts, causing increased electrical resistance.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) for damage. If no damage is found, the main relay will be replaced. If damage is found, the PRA will be replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began February 28, 2019. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 178.
Click a tab for more information.