- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 15 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 23 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 44 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 58 days ago
Hyundai Recall 082: Aftermarket Tow Hitch System/Wiring Harness
2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
Excessive heat may cause damage to the rear bumper area and may potentially result in a fire.
- This recall has been superceded by recall 08E-055. Hyundai is recalling 3,387 trailer hitch wiring harnesses either included with a trailer hitch or sold as a service part manufactured by thule towing systems and distributed by Hyundai for installation on MY 2007-2008 Santa Fe and veracruz vehicles. The accessory trailer hitch wiring harness converter module is mounted to the top surface of the rear bumper reinforcement. High current leakage or a short circuit of capacitor C1 could cause heat related damage to the wiring harness converter module.
- Hyundai will notify owners and will replace the trailer hitch wiring harness free of charge. The recall began on March 31, 2008. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.