- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 28 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 39 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 58 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 85 days ago
Hyundai Recall 082: Aftermarket Tow Hitch System/Wiring Harness
2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
Excessive heat may cause damage to the rear bumper area and may potentially result in a fire.
- This recall has been superceded by recall 08E-055. Hyundai is recalling 3,387 trailer hitch wiring harnesses either included with a trailer hitch or sold as a service part manufactured by thule towing systems and distributed by Hyundai for installation on MY 2007-2008 Santa Fe and veracruz vehicles. The accessory trailer hitch wiring harness converter module is mounted to the top surface of the rear bumper reinforcement. High current leakage or a short circuit of capacitor C1 could cause heat related damage to the wiring harness converter module.
- Hyundai will notify owners and will replace the trailer hitch wiring harness free of charge. The recall began on March 31, 2008. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.