- December 6: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- November 3: Hyundai Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Expanded recalls | 34 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Recalls 2018 Santa Fe Sports After 4 Fires recalls | 36 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 37 days ago
- October 15: Hyundai 8-Speed Transmission Recall Issued After 230 Incidents recalls | 53 days ago
Hyundai Recall 082: Aftermarket Tow Hitch System/Wiring Harness
2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
Excessive heat may cause damage to the rear bumper area and may potentially result in a fire.
- This recall has been superceded by recall 08E-055. Hyundai is recalling 3,387 trailer hitch wiring harnesses either included with a trailer hitch or sold as a service part manufactured by thule towing systems and distributed by Hyundai for installation on MY 2007-2008 Santa Fe and veracruz vehicles. The accessory trailer hitch wiring harness converter module is mounted to the top surface of the rear bumper reinforcement. High current leakage or a short circuit of capacitor C1 could cause heat related damage to the wiring harness converter module.
- Hyundai will notify owners and will replace the trailer hitch wiring harness free of charge. The recall began on March 31, 2008. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.