- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 26 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 33 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 42 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 54 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 59 days ago
Hyundai Recall 082: Aftermarket Tow Hitch System/Wiring Harness
2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
Excessive heat may cause damage to the rear bumper area and may potentially result in a fire.
- This recall has been superceded by recall 08E-055. Hyundai is recalling 3,387 trailer hitch wiring harnesses either included with a trailer hitch or sold as a service part manufactured by thule towing systems and distributed by Hyundai for installation on MY 2007-2008 Santa Fe and veracruz vehicles. The accessory trailer hitch wiring harness converter module is mounted to the top surface of the rear bumper reinforcement. High current leakage or a short circuit of capacitor C1 could cause heat related damage to the wiring harness converter module.
- Hyundai will notify owners and will replace the trailer hitch wiring harness free of charge. The recall began on March 31, 2008. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.