- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 3 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 29 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 29 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 46 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 56 days ago
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
Worst 2011 Santa Fe Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems32NHTSA complaints: 62
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 18
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Santa Fe compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Santa Fe overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Santa Fe.