- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 6 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 10 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 18 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 39 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 53 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 47,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 19 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (19 reports)