- October 18: Hyundai and Kia Car Fires Get the Attention of Congress news | 1 days ago
- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 5 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 52 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 63 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 82 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe has a problem with the engine stalling while driving. Both our data & the NHTSA's complaint data show a significant defect trend at low mileage.
In a 2-page letter sent August 2014 to Santa Fe owners, Hyundai claims the engine stalling only occurs under a "specific set of operating conditions".
However a class action lawsuit filed around the same time details multiple claims from Sante Fe owners that claim the engine stalling happens at any time, under any conditions.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 47,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 19 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (19 reports)