- November 25: Hyundai and Kia Car Thefts in Milwaukee Cause Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Sudden Acceleration Petition Alleges 8 Fatalities investigations | 16 days ago
- November 5: Hyundai Palisade Master Cylinder Recall: Contaminated Brake Fluid recalls | 32 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Santa Fe Valve Cover Gasket Recall recalls | 36 days ago
- October 27: Hyundai Seat Belt Pretensioner Exploded: Recall Announced recalls | 41 days ago
Hyundai Recall 085: Aftermarket Tow Hitch System/Wiring Harness/Fire
2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
A short circuit can cause overheating and damage to the converter module, possibly resulting in a fire.
- Hyundai is recalling 3,387 trailer hitch wiring harnesses either included with a trailer hitch or sold as a service part manufactured by thule towing systems and distributed by Hyundai for installation on MY 2007-2008 Santa Fe and veracruz vehicles. The accessory trailer hitch wiring harness converter module is mounted to the top surface of the rear bumper reinforcement. Some circuit board components may not have been thoroughly sealed to prevent moisture contact. The moisture may result in circuit board corrosion possibly causing a short circuit.
- This recall supersedes a previous recall conducted by Hyundai affecting the same trailer hitch wiring components concerning high current leakage or a short circuit of capacitor C1. (please see 08E016). Owners who have already had their trailer hitch repaired under the initial campaign will receive a second notice from Hyundai to have the newly designed harness installed. Hyundai will notify all owners and will repair the affected harnesses free of charge. The recall began on October 13, 2008. Owners may contact Hyundai customer assistant center at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.