2.8

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe:

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Owner Comments

Dec 222018

Santa Fe

While driving at 7:30pm on a back road on a Saturday, both of my headlights went out at the same time. I pulled onto a dirt driveway and turned my car off and noticed they came back on. I had to have it towed back home and took it to the dealership on Monday. They replaced a fuse box, and I picked my car up. About a week and a half later, it happened again while I was driving at night. In addition this time, my seat warmers would come on for about 30 seconds, and then shut off. I took it back up to the same dealership where I bought it. They had it for 2 weeks. They just replaced the fuse and drove it over 20 miles trying to get it to go out again and couldn't. I picked my car back up. A day and a half later, both my headlights went out again during the middle of the day. I noticed this because it was raining and I couldn't get my wipers to work. I kept trying my wipers, and the only setting they would work on was the 3rd speed setting. I tried my lights and my seat warmers again, and no luck. I immediately took it back to the dealership, and they said their service department was closed already (3:00pm) and they couldn't do anything until Monday, so I drove it home. Took it back up there on Monday, explained that this was the 3rd time this has happened, and it needs to be fixed because it's a major safety hazard. They had it for a week or so and called me and said they replaced the fuse once again, and drove it over 215 miles and couldn't get the car to duplicate the issue. They said my car had them stumped. They told me they were confident it was going to be okay. I left, and less than 24 hours after I got the car, I was driving at 7:00pm and they went out again, this time an hour away from my house. I don't know what to do because this is a scary issue, and they can't seem to find the problem and fix it.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Dec 012016

Santa Fe

On three occasions now, I have nearly hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk, because I did not see that pedestrian. All three were hidden from my view by a combination of the driver side mirror and the frame of the car on the left side of the windshield. Together, the placement of these two features creates a surprisingly large blind spot. I think it is partly related to the fact that the seats in the car also cannot be raised enough; I have good front visibility, but if I could get higher I do think the mirror might be less of an obstacle. Each time this has happened, I learn a new type of situation in which I must not trust what I see, but I worry about unanticipated situations in the future.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Nov 082014

Santa Fe 6-cyl

The front windshield cracked when parked. It had always had a haze when the wipers were used that never cleared. The dealer tried new blades and various window treatments. But nothing ever worked. Always seemed to be faulty manufactured glass. The rear window continues to have the same problem and I am afraid it will crack also.

- Salem, OR, USA