- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 6 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 17 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 34 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 42 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 46 days ago
Hyundai Defect Investigation RQ17004: Scope and Timeliness
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
Scope and Timeliness
- On September 10, 2015, Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) filed a Defect Information Report (DIR) recalling 470,000 MY 2011 and 2012 Sonata vehicles with ""Theta II" engines (Recall No. 15V-568). Hyundai's DIR described the defect as an issue involving manufacturing debris. Hyundai limited the population of recalled vehicles to those produced on or prior to April 12, 2012, stating that a process change in April 2012 resolved the issue of manufacturing debris. On March 31, 2017, Hyundai expanded its original recall to include 572,000 MY 2013-2014 Sonata and Santa Fe Sport vehicles with "Theta II" engines (Recall No. 17V-226). The DIR continues to describe the defect as an issue involving manufacturing debris.This RQ is being opened to investigate both the timeliness and scope of Hyundai's "Theta II" engine recalls, and Hyundai's compliance with reporting requirements.
Click a tab for more information.