- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 3 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 7 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 22 days ago
- February 28: Hyundai Tucson Oil Leak Recall Issued For Fire Risk recalls | 25 days ago
Hyundai Recall 173: Steering Wheel May Detach From Steering Column
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
A steering wheel separation while driving can cause a loss of vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport vehicles. The steering wheel assembly may break, possibly resulting in the steering wheel separating from the steering column while driving.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will check the production lot number of the steering wheel assembly, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on March 26, 2018. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 173.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.