- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 25 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 40 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids and Ioniq Plug-In Hybrids recalls | 50 days ago
Hyundai Recall 173: Steering Wheel May Detach From Steering Column
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
A steering wheel separation while driving can cause a loss of vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport vehicles. The steering wheel assembly may break, possibly resulting in the steering wheel separating from the steering column while driving.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will check the production lot number of the steering wheel assembly, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on March 26, 2018. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 173.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.