- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 39 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 43 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 51 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 72 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/SRS Air Bag Warning Light
2001 Hyundai Sonata
This condition could prevent seat mounted side impact air bag deployment during an accident where such deployment should occur. Non-deployment of the SRS side impact air bags could increase the risk of injury during an accident where side impact air bag deployment is intended.
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The supplemental restraint system (SRS) air bag warning light could illuminate due to motion of the side impact air bag wiring harness and side impact air bag wiring harness connector that mount to the adjustable seat cushion assembly. This condition only relates to the driver and/or passenger seat-mounted side impact air bag(s).
- Dealers will more securely fasten the front seat side impact air bag wiring harness and connectors to the vehicle's front seat cushion frames. Owner notification will occur in six mailings on May 27, June 3, June 10, June 17, June 24, and July 1, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.