- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 4 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 51 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 62 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 81 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 82 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/SRS Air Bag Warning Light
2001 Hyundai Sonata
This condition could prevent seat mounted side impact air bag deployment during an accident where such deployment should occur. Non-deployment of the SRS side impact air bags could increase the risk of injury during an accident where side impact air bag deployment is intended.
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The supplemental restraint system (SRS) air bag warning light could illuminate due to motion of the side impact air bag wiring harness and side impact air bag wiring harness connector that mount to the adjustable seat cushion assembly. This condition only relates to the driver and/or passenger seat-mounted side impact air bag(s).
- Dealers will more securely fasten the front seat side impact air bag wiring harness and connectors to the vehicle's front seat cushion frames. Owner notification will occur in six mailings on May 27, June 3, June 10, June 17, June 24, and July 1, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.