- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 14 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 34 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 38 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 46 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 67 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/SRS Side Impact Air Bag Sensor
2002 Hyundai Sonata
Inadvertent deployment of a SRS side impact air bag when a side impact crash has not occurred could increase the risk of injury to the seat occupant.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- On certain passenger vehicles, the supplemental restraint system (SRS) side impact air bag satellite sensors may be too sensitive to some lateral accelerations that are not caused by side impacts to the vehicle, such as forcefully slamming a door closed.
- Dealers will replace the side impact air bag satellite sensors. Owner notification began July 8, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.