- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 21 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 52 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 78 days ago
Hyundai Recall : Hyundai/SRS Side Impact Air Bag Sensor
2002 Hyundai Sonata
Inadvertent deployment of a SRS side impact air bag when a side impact crash has not occurred could increase the risk of injury to the seat occupant.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- On certain passenger vehicles, the supplemental restraint system (SRS) side impact air bag satellite sensors may be too sensitive to some lateral accelerations that are not caused by side impacts to the vehicle, such as forcefully slamming a door closed.
- Dealers will replace the side impact air bag satellite sensors. Owner notification began July 8, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.