- November 25: Hyundai and Kia Car Thefts in Milwaukee Cause Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Sudden Acceleration Petition Alleges 8 Fatalities investigations | 13 days ago
- November 5: Hyundai Palisade Master Cylinder Recall: Contaminated Brake Fluid recalls | 28 days ago
- November 1: Hyundai Santa Fe Valve Cover Gasket Recall recalls | 32 days ago
- October 27: Hyundai Seat Belt Pretensioner Exploded: Recall Announced recalls | 37 days ago
A/C Not Working
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 76,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- install new compressor (6 reports)
- have to stop car and restart engine (2 reports)
- refrigerant leak (1 reports)
AC / heater problem