- October 19: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids For 2nd Time recalls | 3 days ago
- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 17 days ago
- September 19: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Electric Cars To Prevent Stalling recalls | 33 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai 'Smart Trunk' Lawsuit Says Trunks Don't Fully Open news | 55 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata Peeling Paint Lawsuit is Over news | 56 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
Worst 2011 Sonata electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine won't turnover, won't start19
- need a new starter13
- air bag light stays on8
- car fire4
- dome light remains on2
- ignition locked2
- power door lock failure2
- horn not working properly1
- power outlets stopped working1
- starts without pressing brake pedal1
- total loss of power while driving1
- turn signal turns itself on1
- NHTSA: Electrical System198
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System: Inverter2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.