- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 3 days ago
- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 7 days ago
- September 11: Hyundai Tucson Recall Caused By 12 Fires recalls | 39 days ago
- September 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Engine Fires Cause Recall recalls | 47 days ago
- August 26: Hyundai ABS Module Recall Failed, Says Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Won't Turnover, Won't Start21
- Need A New Starter15
- Air Bag Light Stays On10
- Car Fire6
- Power Door Lock Failure3
- Dashboard Flashes When Signals On2
- Dome Light Remains On2
- Horn Not Working Properly2
- Ignition Locked2
- Starts Without Pressing Brake Pedal2
- Total Loss Of Power While Driving2
- Buttons On Steering Wheel Do Not Do The Right Things1
- Interior Light Switch Not Working1
- Power Outlets Stopped Working1
- Turn Signal Turns Itself On1
- NHTSA: Electrical System338
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly3
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System: Inverter2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.