- November 29: Hyundai and Kia Fires Cost Automakers Another $137 Million news | 4 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Veracruz Valve Cover Gasket Recall: Take #2 recalls | 11 days ago
- November 11: Hyundai Ioniq Class Action Lawsuit Includes SE, SEL, Limited news | 22 days ago
- October 25: Hyundai Elantra Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Engines news | 39 days ago
- October 17: RECALL: Hyundai Kona Electric Fires: Park Away From Structures recalls | 47 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front: Control Arm Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.