- October 23: Hyundai Elantra and Ioniq Hybrid Wheels May Detach recalls | 0 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars At Risk of Stability Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Smart Trunk Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 4 days ago
- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- September 17: Hyundai Elantra Engine Lawsuit Dismissed news | 36 days ago
Finish Is Peeling Off All 4 Wheels
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 50,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- needs new wheels (warranty) (3 reports)
- have the wheels repainted (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)
wheels / hubs problem