- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 9 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 13 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 21 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 42 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 56 days ago
Hyundai Recall 136: Brake Pedal Stopper Pad Deterioration
2012 Hyundai Sonata
If the brake light switch plunger does not retract as it should when the brake pedal is not being pressed, the brake lights may stay illuminated preventing accurate communication to rearward following vehicles that the vehicle is slowing or stopping. Additionally, if the brake switch plunger is not retracted, then the transmission can be shifted out of PARK without depressing the brake pedal. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Switches — Brake Light
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model 2011-2012 Sonata vehicles. The brake pedal stopper pad can deteriorate allowing the brake light switch plunger to remain extended when the brake pedal is released.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal stopper pad with an improved part, free of charge. The recall began on January 6, 2016. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 136.
- Documents (12)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: December 28, 2015 SUBJECT: Recall Campaign 136 – 2011 – 2012 Sonata Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad (TSB# 15-01-056)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 28, 2015 Subject: Recall Campaign 136: 2011-2012 Sonata Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.