- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 0 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 0 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 25 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 54 days ago
Hyundai Recall 136: Brake Pedal Stopper Pad Deterioration
2012 Hyundai Sonata
If the brake light switch plunger does not retract as it should when the brake pedal is not being pressed, the brake lights may stay illuminated preventing accurate communication to rearward following vehicles that the vehicle is slowing or stopping. Additionally, if the brake switch plunger is not retracted, then the transmission can be shifted out of PARK without depressing the brake pedal. Either condition increases the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Switches — Brake Light
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model 2011-2012 Sonata vehicles. The brake pedal stopper pad can deteriorate allowing the brake light switch plunger to remain extended when the brake pedal is released.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake pedal stopper pad with an improved part, free of charge. The recall began on January 6, 2016. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 136.
- Documents (12)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: December 28, 2015 SUBJECT: Recall Campaign 136 – 2011 – 2012 Sonata Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad (TSB# 15-01-056)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 28, 2015 Subject: Recall Campaign 136: 2011-2012 Sonata Stop Lamp Switch Stopper Pad
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
Click a tab for more information.