6.0

2. repair steering (1 reports)
  3. replace failed steering column boot (1 reports)
2013 Hyundai Sonata steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Sonata:

2013 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Sonata GLS 2.4L

The steering became stiff and a thumping noise when turning.

- Rudy D., Hackettstown, USA

May 162016

Sonata LE 4-cylinder

I just purchased our 2013 Hyundai Sonata in May 2016 and found we have a clunking noise when steering left or right. This seems to be a common problem with Sonatas but Hyundai has no recall. I suppose it is because it is not causing danger but is annoying and makes it unpleasant to drive. I watched three videos and decided I did not want to tackle replacement of a small round wheel like rubber grommet in the steering column where there is a transition from mechanical to servo motor on the power steering. I wish Hyundai would establish a recall on this. When speaking to local dealer service manager, he said the grommet would cost about a dollar but took half day to drop steering column to repair. If you look it up on a 29 minute YouTube video, you will see how involved it is. I am not sure whether we will tolerate it or pay $400-$500 labor to repair.

- jdsanders, Ackerman, MS, USA

Apr 132016

Sonata GLS

This noise has become very disturbing. I only hear it when I turn my wheel. It's worse when I turn it to the right. When I go over bumps in the road, there is a rattling noise that seems to be coming from the steering column.

- Shanketia B., Duluth, GA, US