- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 8 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 23 days ago
- February 28: Hyundai Tucson Oil Leak Recall Issued For Fire Risk recalls | 26 days ago
Hyundai Recall 134: ABS Warning Lamp May Not Illuminate/FMVSS 135
2016 Hyundai Sonata
If the driver is alerted there is a brake system malfunction, but not specifically with the ABS system, the driver may operate the vehicle unaware that the vehicle's brakes may lock up during hard braking, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Sonata vehicles manufactured May 28, 2014, to August 21, 2015. The affected vehicles are equipped with an Antilock Braking System (ABS) warning light intended to warn the driver if there is an ABS malfunction. In the event of an ABS malfunction, the Brake System warning light will illuminate, but the ABS warning light will not illuminate. Since the vehicles have ABS malfunction lights that do not illuminate, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will update the ABS control unit software, free of charge. The recall is expected began on November 30, 2015. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-671-3059. Hyundai's number for this recall is 134.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NUMBER 15-01-041 DATE OCTOBER 2015 MODEL(S) LFa SONATA
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - DATE: October 28, 2015 SUBJECT: Recall Campaign 134 – 2015-2016 LFa Sonata Instrument Panel ABS Indicator (TSB# 15-01-041)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 135
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 28, 2015 Subject: Recall Campaign 134: 2015-2016 Sonata ABS Light Noncompliance
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.