- May 18: Hyundai Kia Lawsuit Settlement Reached Over Thefts news | 8 days ago
- April 24: Stolen Hyundai Crashes Into Toyota SUV, Killing Christian Romero, 23 news | 32 days ago
- April 21: Kia Theft Lawsuit: Teens Killed in Stolen Kia, Parents Sue Kia news | 35 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Wiper Recall Expanded recalls | 50 days ago
- March 29: Hyundai Fire Recall: Santa Fe and Santa Cruz Owners Park Outside recalls | 58 days ago
2018 Hyundai Sonata
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 6,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
- software update (2 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2018 Sonata problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
6 months after I took my new Sonata home, it was down-shifting from second to first really hard. It was jerking myself and my kids forward when we took the corner before we got to our house. I brought it in to the dealership and they said they didn't feel a problem (bullshit). They did offer to reset the system and see if it would fix the problem. It did immediately. Now months later...it's a issue again. I'm so over it! Just over a year old and it's been back to the shop too many times. Not to mention at 3 months old it was in the shop for a week because some computer component died and I had to manually put it in gear to get to the dealership without working lights, blinkers (yes, I use them), horn, working windows, locks, couldn't even open the trunk... NOTHING! I'm ready to give it back!
- cdorfner, Deland, US