- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 24 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 53 days ago
- November 22: Hyundai Sonata Engine Failure Lawsuit news | 55 days ago
- November 9: Hyundai and Kia Vehicle Fires Put on Back Burner news | 68 days ago
Hyundai Recall 082: Aftermarket Tow Hitch System/Wiring Harness
2007 Hyundai Veracruz
Excessive heat may cause damage to the rear bumper area and may potentially result in a fire.
- This recall has been superceded by recall 08E-055. Hyundai is recalling 3,387 trailer hitch wiring harnesses either included with a trailer hitch or sold as a service part manufactured by thule towing systems and distributed by Hyundai for installation on MY 2007-2008 Santa Fe and Veracruz vehicles. The accessory trailer hitch wiring harness converter module is mounted to the top surface of the rear bumper reinforcement. High current leakage or a short circuit of capacitor C1 could cause heat related damage to the wiring harness converter module.
- Hyundai will notify owners and will replace the trailer hitch wiring harness free of charge. The recall began on March 31, 2008. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.