- August 17: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Send Owners to Court news | 2 days ago
- August 16: Hyundai and Kia Exploding Seat Belt Pretensioners Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- August 7: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- July 11: Hyundai Ioniq Hybrids Recalled Again Following Fires recalls | 39 days ago
- July 3: Hyundai Venue Recall Issued For Exploding Pretensioners recalls | 47 days ago
Hyundai Recall 082: Aftermarket Tow Hitch System/Wiring Harness
2007 Hyundai Veracruz
Excessive heat may cause damage to the rear bumper area and may potentially result in a fire.
- This recall has been superceded by recall 08E-055. Hyundai is recalling 3,387 trailer hitch wiring harnesses either included with a trailer hitch or sold as a service part manufactured by thule towing systems and distributed by Hyundai for installation on MY 2007-2008 Santa Fe and Veracruz vehicles. The accessory trailer hitch wiring harness converter module is mounted to the top surface of the rear bumper reinforcement. High current leakage or a short circuit of capacitor C1 could cause heat related damage to the wiring harness converter module.
- Hyundai will notify owners and will replace the trailer hitch wiring harness free of charge. The recall began on March 31, 2008. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.