- August 7: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- July 11: Hyundai Ioniq Hybrids Recalled Again Following Fires recalls | 31 days ago
- July 3: Hyundai Venue Recall Issued For Exploding Pretensioners recalls | 39 days ago
- June 11: Hyundai Pretensioner Recall Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 61 days ago
- May 27: Hyundai NEXO Vehicles Recalled For Hydrogen Leaks recalls | 76 days ago
Hyundai Recall 197: Charging System Failure Caused By Oil Leak
2007 Hyundai Veracruz
An inoperative charging system can result in an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Oil/Lubrication — Seals/Gaskets
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2007-2012 Veracruz vehicles that were previously recalled under recall number 14V-415. Oil may leak from the front cylinder bank cover gasket, potentially dripping onto the alternator and causing the charging system to become inoperative.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the valve cover gasket and repair it as necessary, free of charge. Owner letters were mailed September 7, 2021. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 197.
Click a tab for more information.