- September 3: Jaguar Tests Autonomous Vehicle With Virtual Eyes news | 51 days ago
- August 5: Jaguar Land Rover Timing Chain Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 80 days ago
Jaguar Recall J071: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2009 Jaguar XF
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain 2013 Jaguar XF vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Unless included in "Zone A" above, Jaguar is recalling certain 2010 Jaguar XF vehicles, originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Unless included in Zone A and Zone B above, Jaguar is recalling certain 2009 MY Jaguar XF vehicles, originally sold, or ever registered, in Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Jaguar will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag assemblies, free of charge. The recall began June 27, 2018. Owners may contact Jaguar customer service at 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is J071.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- 11-JAN-18 - NOTIFICATION OF SAFETY RECALL J071 (NHTSA 18V-009)
- Miscellaneous Document - TAKATA PASSENGER AIRBAG RECALL
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - UPSTREAM TECHNICAL SERVICE - TAKATA PASSENGER AIRBAG RECALLS
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Technical Bulletin
- Miscellaneous Document - UPSTREAM TECHNICAL SERVICE - Takata Passenger AirBag Recalls
- Miscellaneous Document
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.