- March 2: Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs recalls | 20 days ago
- February 25: eTorque Problems Cause Ram and Jeep Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- February 23: Chrysler Pentastar Engine Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 27 days ago
- February 23: Chrysler Tigershark Lawsuit Settlement Final news | 27 days ago
- February 23: Jeep Parking Brake Lawsuit is Baseless, Alleges FCA news | 27 days ago
Electrical System Failure
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 150,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace pcm, TIPM (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2009 Compass problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
The dealership I took it to is doing the best that they can and I thank them for it. Lithia is a good dealership. I purchased the car through Choice Auto in Omak, WA. I will never ever purchase another car from them again. I was never told that you can't use the car to jumpstart another vehicle. This was a very harsh winter. To all the people who have computerized cars out there, never have your car jumped, ever. It will kill it and will be very costly. I had purchased an extended warranty and thought that it would be covered until June of this year, I was wrong. It expired 8,000 miles ago. I never got to use it and basically wasted my money with it. Now, my car has too many miles on it that I can not purchase any warranty for it. This is a very well learned lesson and a costly one. I will never make this mistake again. Any person who owns a vehicle make sure it is working and you have a spare that is also working incase of times like these.
The new PCM killed the CIPM and the TIPM. The PIPM can't communicate with the new PCM. I asked if the vehicle is worth fixing? The dealership said yes, because the car is worth more. Hopefully, after all is done the car will be working extremely well. They told me the engine is still very good.
After I purchased the car from Choice Auto in Omak, the engine light came on & remained on until recently. I purchased the car at the end of June in 2015. I took it back to them, they said there might be a leak somewhere but couldn't tell me where and they turned the light off and then it came back on.
- Alexis D D., Spokane, WA, US