- March 2: Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs recalls | 25 days ago
- February 25: eTorque Problems Cause Ram and Jeep Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- February 23: Chrysler Pentastar Engine Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 32 days ago
- February 23: Chrysler Tigershark Lawsuit Settlement Final news | 32 days ago
- February 23: Jeep Parking Brake Lawsuit is Baseless, Alleges FCA news | 32 days ago
Engine Shuts Off While Driving
2020 Jeep Compass
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 5,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2020 Compass problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I was making a turn car we’re still moving in about 15 mph and then all of a sudden the engine shut off and I hit the gas pedal to go and there was no momentum. The D on the dashboard and on the gearshift were both blinking, there was no warning sign or alert symbol or anything to appear on the dash.
When I went to start the car again, I couldn’t start the car because somehow the parking brake automatically engaged and I could not start the vehicle. I brought it into the local dealer and they told me that the system did not bring up any diagnostic codes that anything happened.
How the hell is that possible?????? Still waiting to hear more about my 2 week old new car that had to go in on day 12.
I am beyond furious at this point.
I have been told by others that this has been a problem in the previous years models, but the sales manager said he was not familiar with the issue on the 2020 year. Hmmmm suspicious......
- out2ced, Daytona Beach, US