8.5

2. replace dash (4 reports)
  3. replace the entire dashboard (2 reports)
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Nov 032018

Grand Cherokee Overland hemi

Noticed on the ending day of my extended warranty. I was traveling and of course could not have gotten into the dealer to report in time to have it fixed under warranty. The LEATHER on the dash is wrinkling and peeling away from the windshield side. Looks terrible. Looks to me like a class action lawsuit against Jeep is in order. I certainly hope there is one. The value of this Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland instantly dropped by $2000. I should have bought the Caddy!

- Larry H., Eureka Springs, AR, US

Sep 062018

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L

Dashboard on my 2013 JGC Overland has started to wrinkle dramatically in the past few months...particularly on the drivers side. The reason I paid the upcharge for the Overland was the luxury feel of the interior including the dashboard.The problem is getting worse by the week. I took it to the Dealer who said they had never seen this issue before. I checked on the internet and this design problem is rampant. I intend to go back to the Manager of the dealership and make a claim for repair / replacement. This is totally unacceptable.

- oconnelld, Winchester MA, US

Sep 012017

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L

IT IS SAD WHEN ONE OF THE LARGEST SUV MANUFACTURERS CONTINUES TO MANUFACTURE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND NO CURE. JEEP BEING RECOGNIZED AS THE POST POPULAR SUV SHOULD STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT BETTER AND AT LEAST OFFER A MORE ECONOMICAL CURE. AS IT IS NOW EVEN THE DEALER DOES NOT OFFER A FIX.

IT IS DISGUSTING THAT JEEP IS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS. WILL IT KILL ANYONE? NO, BUT IT DEVALUES THE VEHICLE ONCE IT STARTS AND CAN NOT BE STOPPED. THIS IS A PROBLEM I MIGHT EXPECT FROM A KIA OR SOME OTHER FOREIGN MODEL BUT NOT A TOP RATED AMERICAN PRODUCT.

- stephen388, Roswell, US

Jul 122017

Grand Cherokee

I noticed 1 year ago my dash was bubbling up on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I bought this car brand new and took it back to the dealer I bought it from (who also services my Jeep). They took pictures and submitted it to Jeep. The dash bubbling came backed denied to be fixed. One year later I called a second time to Jeep to only to be rejected as well. It is a real shame that you buy a car brand new for a company and wont fix a defective product. The Dash looks awful and I am disappointed it Jeep.

- Matt L., Bethlehem, PA, US

Jul 242018

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8

WHAT THE HECK, JEEP??? YOU KNOW ABOUT THE FAULTY ADHESION OF THE LEATHER DASH COVER ON THE OVERLAND, BUT YOU DON'T RECALL IT, AND YOU LEAVE OWNERS WITH A SH*TTY LOOKING DASHBOARD ON A TOP-OF-THE-LINE MODEL? WHY WOULD I EVER BUY ANOTHER JEEP??? IF YOU CAN'T STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF YOUR MANUFACTURING DEFECTS, EXPECT US NEVER TO BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE FROM YOU AGAIN!

- Matt M., Ponte Vedra Beach, US

Jun 262017

click to see larger images

dash leather melting, wrinkling dash leather melting, wrinkling

My Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland's leather dash is wrinkling and pulling apart at the stitching. This started a year ago with the mileage around 51,000. It has steadily gotten worse over the year. I had taken it to the dealership and a case file was opened. Chrysler came back and said that there was nothing they could do as it was out of warranty and they would not cover the defect. There is no choice but to look at this ugly defect every moment while driving. Other than the dashboard issue it is a beautiful automobile.

- lucanjl, Granada Hills, US

Jun 162017

Grand Cherokee Overland V8

I have the same problem with the dash wrinkling in my 2013 jeep grand cherokee overland edition. I am trying to sell it and that is NOT a very good selling point. It's very hindering. Has anyone had any luck getting it covered?

- moffatt, Brownwood, US

May 302016

click to see larger images

Purchased "top of the line" Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland brand new. We were looking at this vehicle and the ML350 Mercedes and we were "sold" on the idea of not paying so much more for the ML350 when the Jeep was just as nice and we could save a little money and get the same options.

The dash started to bubble a little at about 32,000 miles, but it was in an area that wasn't too noticeable and I never would have imagined that it would get as bad as it has. Right at about 40k it started to get bad and now it is all coming off quickly This is a vehicle that has spent 95% of its days and nights parked in a garage and out of the sunlight.

There are multiple people with the same issue and some of them have been able to get help. I was just turned down again and flatly told that it was my responsibility.

This is a manufacturing flaw. This is not wear and tear and this definitely is not abuse from us.

I have owned 2 new Jeep Grand Cherokees, 3 Chrysler 300's (all new), I used to select the Mopar branded company vehicles vs. GM...This will never happen again. I can tell you that Mercedes would stand up and handle an issue like this. Mostly because they care about their image and they want to have a great product out there. Jeep - not so much.

I wanted to work on a "policy" situation with them. I understand that I was out of warranty and that I might have to pay a little to get this handled. Not the full $1,890.00.

Buyer beware!

- Brian V., OFallon, MO, US

Oct 312016

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L

I bought my 2013 Grand Cherokee overland brand new in 2013 and noticed a small bubble on dash last October 2016 and now slowly is getting worse to a point that the entire edge near the windshield is coming off. I have an appointment with dealer hoping it would be covered under lifetime warranty that I also purchased when I bought the car but now I see after reading on this site that it may not be covered under that warranty. This is very disappointing, how can Jeep treat their buyers like this, I live in Washington DC area and the car has been kept in garage. This is one hundred percent defect and they should recognize that after seeing all these complaints. As I mentioned this is a 2013 model and obviously its not just 2011 model problem and obviously they have not corrected the problem yet. please continue to file complains until they recall and fix this problem. This is my first time purchasing a jeep and I hope I am not going to regret.

- zajak, North Potomac, US

Feb 012017

click to see larger images

dash leather melting, wrinkling dash leather melting, wrinkling dash leather melting, wrinkling dash leather melting, wrinkling dash leather melting, wrinkling

When we purchased this Jeep, we bought the extended warranty. We called and told them about the dash issue, and they said it wasn't covered. I did some research, and it seems like this is a huge problem with the jeep overlands. People pay extra money to have this package, and this includes the nice leather dash. It really does look horrible. It is literally pulling away at the seams and has huge ripples in it. Some cases Jeep fixed under warranty, and some they didn't. Jeep seems very inconsistent whether it is warranty work, and how much people had to pay. I'm open to any advice on how to get this fixed under my extended warranty.

- ltankersley, Zionville, NC, US

Aug 012016

Grand Cherokee Overland V8

I love my Jeep, this is the 5th one I've owned. Just want to get this annoyance fixed. Was hoping someone had a recommendation. Should I go back to Jeep?

- ldcolbert, memphis, TN, US