CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 (and 2015) Jeep Grand Cherokee have a serious defect trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

7.6

$400

2. replace dashboard (14 reports)
  3. re-glue leather to dashboard (2 reports)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 012021

Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Hemi 5.7L

click to see larger images

Here we go again with the same problem that I thought was that I thought was fixed 3 years ago when Mopar agreed to work with me. I'm replacing the dashboard at a discounted rate because my wife sounded right because my warranty had just expired... I am trying to get a hold of Mopar again to see if there is anything that can be done because this is ridiculous. My truck is paid off now but when I paid for it it it was 63000 and I should not be going through this problem with a freaking dashboard.

I have tried calling Mopar and something is messed up in their system with our information and they cannot identify or verify we are who we say we are. They told us to call the dealership to make sure that they had the correct information which they had, which I did and they had the correct information. Whatever the case needs to be fixed so I can get to the bottom of this once and for all. Well, that's one time for all. Has anyone successfully had the dash repaired at a Leather shop outside the dealership and had any luck? I would love any feedback - thank you.

- Phyllis H., Humble, US

Jul 012017

Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Hemi 5.7L

I was told to call Mopar to see what kind of help they could provide. At 1st they told me to come up with $900 - they would replace the dash and cover the rest. Then after complaining about how much was spent on the vehicle which was 63000 and only 3 years old and warranty barely expiring they finally came down to 600. Then complain some more about how much money was spent on the vehicle and that this should not be happening 3 years in the making so they told me to come up with $384 as the final agreement so July of 2017 the dash was replaced. In the process of replacing the Dashboard they damaged trim pieces and console and side trim so they had to replace that as well..

Here it is, July of 2021, and the dash is buckling again the same exact way. I have tried calling Mopar and I'm having trouble getting through to them to complain. I will enter another complaint for the second occurrence.

- Phyllis H., Humble, US

Sep 042019

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L V6

There was an extended warranty on the replacement of this item. I was never notified of this and therefore lived with it because it would involve spending money to repair and it was not a safety issue.

I would like to see a better communication system or an accountable system of communication.

I receive recall notifies through the mail, why not extended warranty information?

- Bear L., Moody, AL, US

Apr 012020

Grand Cherokee Summit V6

The leather cover on the dashboard needs to be replaced.

- Edwin G., Muskogee, US

Oct 022018

Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel

click to see larger images

I paid thousands of extra dollars for the upgraded overland package for it to turn into this within a couple years. The dealership stated since its out of warranty there's nothing they can do, but I will be pursuing this since it is an obvious manufacturer defect. Any help is appreciated.

- Nik N., Fort Lauderdale, US

May 132018

Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7L Hemi

click to see larger images

Well a few months after i purchased this expensive honk of sh*t i noticed the first bubble on the passenger side. Then after work on day out of the blue i got on and noticed it was significantly more bubbled up and completely shrinking from the driver side by the windshield.... why the F+×k can't Jeep/Chrysler fix their "defective low quality at high price piece of sh*t dash" with out charging me for it???

- Irving O., Fort Worth, US

Nov 012018

Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7L

Another dash bubbling in New Jersey. I agree at the price point paid for this model, this quality issue is unacceptable.

- Dan F., Midland Park, NJ, US

Jan 022017

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L V6

Car is out of warranty and the dash is not only bubbling, it has completely separated from the vent near the front windshield and continues to separate.

- ensac1, Atlanta, US

Jul 012019

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8

Dash looks really bad with the leather bubbled up like this. I’m not sure how much worse this will get.

- Carlos T., Palm Harbor, US

Sep 072015

leather bubbling on dashboard

My husband and I bought this SUV (no miles) brand new. When you pay $50, 000 for a vehicle you expect it to be nice and last you a good while. I never expected the dashboard to start bubbling a year into owning it. We keep the Jeep in the garage when not in use. When we inquired about the dashboard from the dealership we bought it from we were told that it was not part of the warranty. As a matter of fact it was cosmetic and we would have to pay to fix it ourselves. I was extremely outraged by this! Well 5 yrs later we still haven't gotten it fixed and its getting much worse. I'm hoping that enough people get together and a lawsuit will emerge and it will force them to do something!!!!

- Michelle M., Slidell, LA, US

May 102019

Grand Cherokee SRT V8

Really upsets me how Jeep is handling this situation. How can a $70,000 to $80,000 car do this? Bubbling of the dashboard and nobody with Jeep do anything about it. It is a defect in the dash and Jeep should replace or repair at no cost to the owner. I could understand if it was wear and tear or neglect on the consumers part but all these people and complaints, it's not wear and tear or neglect. Its a defect in the dashboard with the glue or whatever holds the POS together!! This should have been a recall sent out and repaired by Jeep!! I will definitely reconsider even looking at the Jeeps next time I go to purchase a vehicle if this is the kind of service their customers get! Sorry but not sorry!!

- mcalisterd, Beckville, US

Apr 012018

Grand Cherokee Summit V6

The leather on my 2014 Summit Jeep Grand Cherokee has been peeling off of the dashboard. I did a quick search online to figure what others have done to repair the issue. I came across multiple online forums where many other Summit owners reported the exact same issue. I want to add my own experience with this problem so that my situation is accounted for too. I'll certainly bring this issue to the attention of a Service Adviser upon my next visit to the dealership.

- Eric P., AUSTIN, TX, US

Oct 102017

Grand Cherokee Summit 3.0L Ecodiesel V6

leather bubbling on dashboard

Purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit with a Leather Dashboard in 2015, new. After a few years in a garage kept environment, the leather dashboard began to wrinkle. This seems to be a common problem as many people online have complained about this issue. Im afraid that the wrinkling could affect air bag deployment as this covers the airbag area. Jeep Chrysler and the dealership said that no warranty would apply to this as its wear and tear. This is a $50,000 Jeep with less than 40k miles. I expected much better from Jeep. #jeep #summit #leather

- Robert B., Miami, FL, US

Apr 182018

click to see larger images

Just bought this car a year ago and just like everyone else here I've got the same issue. Bubbling leather dashboar. Only 43k on the car and it's kept in a garage. Jury is still out if Jeep is going to do the right thing and replace it.

- Taylor P., Los Angeles, CA, US

Oct 232018

Grand Cherokee Overland V6

Dashboard has wrinkles and bubbles. I read several forums and articles about the issue and how it happens to just about every Jeep owner. The kicker is Jeep does nothing about it, not a recall or admit its a defect in the manufacturing process. I read people paying 2500 to fix a Jeep manufacturing defect because they won’t fix it. You spend all this money on a nice car and a couple of years later the interior dashboard looks like crap. Thanks Jeep. Never again.

- David Y., Westminster, MD, US

Aug 012018

Grand Cherokee SRT 8 6.4

Love this Jeep. This was my second srt after having an 09. This one I purchased new in 2014. Love the truck except starting this summer my leather dash started peeling. I live in Canada not Florida, Dealer won't honor the repair and will cost upwards of $2000. Very upset such a beautiful truck and a poor interior finish that I've ever seen, especially that's it's only 4 yrs old and 45k miles. Disappointing ...

- salomonqc, Montreal, QC, Canada

May 312018

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8

This is BS for a 50K vehicle. I've never seen this. There needs a be a freaking recall on this. JEEP TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CRAP!!!! THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR BUILD!!!!

- James D., Converse, TX, US

Jul 102018

Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi V8

leather bubbling on dashboard

Chrysler refuses to resolve this delamination issue. This vehicle cost over $50k and the leather dash should not be lifting and rolling. All Chrysler products are susceptible to this. Buyer beware! Chrysler will NOT come to the rescue.

Update from Dec 13, 2018: It took a 4 months social media war, but Chrysler Jeep is now replacing the dashboard. Chrysler needs to own up to this and replace all delaminated dashboards for free. What an insane idea that paying $50k for a vehicle should entitle you to some semblance of quality.

I will never buy another Chrysler product. Honda here I come!

- Brian E., Westerville, OH, US

Aug 012018

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7

I bought a $50k high end Jeep and this is how they treat me??!! I would not expect this to happen on a car I paid $20k for that was 15 years old..... I noticed my dashboard bubbling up about a month ago. It started in the corner of the dashboard and then quickly spread to the entire dash!! I brought it to the dealership and they passed the buck to the warranty department at Jeep. After about a month of going back and forth, the warranty department denied my claim. They said I didn't meet their criteria to even open it up with a case manager. Their criteria is based on three items...

1. Out of warranty- Yup my car is barely 4 years old and out of warranty

2. No extended service contract or warranty- I wasn't expecting a DEFECT to occur

3. No brand loyalty- This is my favorite criteria because this is my FIRST and LAST JEEP! How are they ever expecting a new owner to meet this criteria??? I am the first owner of this Jeep and I bought it brand new with 400 miles on it.......Go figure!!

It's downright shameful and embarrassing for a company like JEEP to act like this isn't a widespread problem. The dealership told me that they see this same problem all the time. So why is JEEP treating their customers who spend $50k on a vehicle like trash??? Because I don't meet the above criteria I don't get to even speak to a case manager. I would be able to forgive them if they would just acknowledge the issue and take care of it. Now, I will never buy a Jeep again in my lifetime based on pure principal on how they treat customers who pay good money.

- Jason M., Wilmington, NC, US

Feb 152018

click to see larger images

leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard

Hello my Jeep Grand Cherokee friends,

Well I would like to say I'm surprised I'm here but I'm not. My Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland has had at least 10 recalls, including one recall where they included a check for $200 bucks for our trouble(probably one of those "By cashing this check you agree not to sue me" kinda payoffs. In less than four years I've had to replace the heater and more recently the air condtioner. Then, now my luxurious upgraded leather dash is bubbling up from the driver side all the way over to the passenger side. I too was shocked how common these Grand Cherokee leather dashboards are failing. If you type it in google you see dozens of images of failing Jeep dashes. What a nightmare.

I spoke to Mopar Extended Warranty and they won't cover interior issues. I spoke to Chrysler and they said my car complaint fell outside of their internal guidelines for assistance. Now their 4000 manufacturing mistake is now mine to fix. WTF?

I'm one extremely dissatisfied Jeep customer.

#jeep #jeepgrandcherokee #grandcherokee #overland #chrysler #mopar #lawsuit #lemonlaw #wtfjeep #jeeprecalls #grandcherokeerecalls #somebodyhelpus

- Brandon W., McKinney, US