CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 (and 2015) Jeep Grand Cherokee have a serious defect trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

7.7

2. replace dashboard (12 reports)
  3. re-glue leather to dashboard (2 reports)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 022018

Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel

click to see larger images

I paid thousands of extra dollars for the upgraded overland package for it to turn into this within a couple years. The dealership stated since its out of warranty there's nothing they can do, but I will be pursuing this since it is an obvious manufacturer defect. Any help is appreciated.

- Nik N., Fort Lauderdale, US

May 132018

Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7L Hemi

click to see larger images

Well a few months after i purchased this expensive honk of sh*t i noticed the first bubble on the passenger side. Then after work on day out of the blue i got on and noticed it was significantly more bubbled up and completely shrinking from the driver side by the windshield.... why the F+×k can't Jeep/Chrysler fix their "defective low quality at high price piece of sh*t dash" with out charging me for it???

- Irving O., Fort Worth, US

Nov 012018

Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7L

Another dash bubbling in New Jersey. I agree at the price point paid for this model, this quality issue is unacceptable.

- Dan F., Midland Park, NJ, US

Jan 022017

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6L V6

Car is out of warranty and the dash is not only bubbling, it has completely separated from the vent near the front windshield and continues to separate.

- ensac1, Atlanta, US

Jul 012019

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8

Dash looks really bad with the leather bubbled up like this. I’m not sure how much worse this will get.

- Carlos T., Palm Harbor, US

Sep 072015

leather bubbling on dashboard

My husband and I bought this SUV (no miles) brand new. When you pay $50, 000 for a vehicle you expect it to be nice and last you a good while. I never expected the dashboard to start bubbling a year into owning it. We keep the Jeep in the garage when not in use. When we inquired about the dashboard from the dealership we bought it from we were told that it was not part of the warranty. As a matter of fact it was cosmetic and we would have to pay to fix it ourselves. I was extremely outraged by this! Well 5 yrs later we still haven't gotten it fixed and its getting much worse. I'm hoping that enough people get together and a lawsuit will emerge and it will force them to do something!!!!

- Michelle M., Slidell, LA, US

May 102019

Grand Cherokee SRT V8

Really upsets me how Jeep is handling this situation. How can a $70,000 to $80,000 car do this? Bubbling of the dashboard and nobody with Jeep do anything about it. It is a defect in the dash and Jeep should replace or repair at no cost to the owner. I could understand if it was wear and tear or neglect on the consumers part but all these people and complaints, it's not wear and tear or neglect. Its a defect in the dashboard with the glue or whatever holds the POS together!! This should have been a recall sent out and repaired by Jeep!! I will definitely reconsider even looking at the Jeeps next time I go to purchase a vehicle if this is the kind of service their customers get! Sorry but not sorry!!

- mcalisterd, Beckville, US

Apr 012018

Grand Cherokee Summit V6

The leather on my 2014 Summit Jeep Grand Cherokee has been peeling off of the dashboard. I did a quick search online to figure what others have done to repair the issue. I came across multiple online forums where many other Summit owners reported the exact same issue. I want to add my own experience with this problem so that my situation is accounted for too. I'll certainly bring this issue to the attention of a Service Adviser upon my next visit to the dealership.

- Eric P., AUSTIN, TX, US

Oct 102017

Grand Cherokee Summit 3.0L Ecodiesel V6

leather bubbling on dashboard

Purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit with a Leather Dashboard in 2015, new. After a few years in a garage kept environment, the leather dashboard began to wrinkle. This seems to be a common problem as many people online have complained about this issue. Im afraid that the wrinkling could affect air bag deployment as this covers the airbag area. Jeep Chrysler and the dealership said that no warranty would apply to this as its wear and tear. This is a $50,000 Jeep with less than 40k miles. I expected much better from Jeep. #jeep #summit #leather

- Robert B., Miami, FL, US

Apr 182018

click to see larger images

Just bought this car a year ago and just like everyone else here I've got the same issue. Bubbling leather dashboar. Only 43k on the car and it's kept in a garage. Jury is still out if Jeep is going to do the right thing and replace it.

- Taylor P., Los Angeles, CA, US

Oct 232018

Grand Cherokee Overland V6

Dashboard has wrinkles and bubbles. I read several forums and articles about the issue and how it happens to just about every Jeep owner. The kicker is Jeep does nothing about it, not a recall or admit its a defect in the manufacturing process. I read people paying 2500 to fix a Jeep manufacturing defect because they won’t fix it. You spend all this money on a nice car and a couple of years later the interior dashboard looks like crap. Thanks Jeep. Never again.

- David Y., Westminster, MD, US

Grand Cherokee SRT 8 6.4

Love this Jeep. This was my second srt after having an 09. This one I purchased new in 2014. Love the truck except starting this summer my leather dash started peeling. I live in Canada not Florida, Dealer won't honor the repair and will cost upwards of $2000. Very upset such a beautiful truck and a poor interior finish that I've ever seen, especially that's it's only 4 yrs old and 45k miles. Disappointing ...

- salomonqc, Montreal, QC, Canada

May 312018

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8

This is BS for a 50K vehicle. I've never seen this. There needs a be a freaking recall on this. JEEP TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CRAP!!!! THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR BUILD!!!!

- James D., Converse, TX, US

Jul 102018

Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi V8

leather bubbling on dashboard

Chrysler refuses to resolve this delamination issue. This vehicle cost over $50k and the leather dash should not be lifting and rolling. All Chrysler products are susceptible to this. Buyer beware! Chrysler will NOT come to the rescue.

Update from Dec 13, 2018: It took a 4 months social media war, but Chrysler Jeep is now replacing the dashboard. Chrysler needs to own up to this and replace all delaminated dashboards for free. What an insane idea that paying $50k for a vehicle should entitle you to some semblance of quality.

I will never buy another Chrysler product. Honda here I come!

- Brian E., Westerville, OH, US

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7

I bought a $50k high end Jeep and this is how they treat me??!! I would not expect this to happen on a car I paid $20k for that was 15 years old..... I noticed my dashboard bubbling up about a month ago. It started in the corner of the dashboard and then quickly spread to the entire dash!! I brought it to the dealership and they passed the buck to the warranty department at Jeep. After about a month of going back and forth, the warranty department denied my claim. They said I didn't meet their criteria to even open it up with a case manager. Their criteria is based on three items...

1. Out of warranty- Yup my car is barely 4 years old and out of warranty

2. No extended service contract or warranty- I wasn't expecting a DEFECT to occur

3. No brand loyalty- This is my favorite criteria because this is my FIRST and LAST JEEP! How are they ever expecting a new owner to meet this criteria??? I am the first owner of this Jeep and I bought it brand new with 400 miles on it.......Go figure!!

It's downright shameful and embarrassing for a company like JEEP to act like this isn't a widespread problem. The dealership told me that they see this same problem all the time. So why is JEEP treating their customers who spend $50k on a vehicle like trash??? Because I don't meet the above criteria I don't get to even speak to a case manager. I would be able to forgive them if they would just acknowledge the issue and take care of it. Now, I will never buy a Jeep again in my lifetime based on pure principal on how they treat customers who pay good money.

- Jason M., Wilmington, NC, US

Feb 152018

click to see larger images

leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard leather bubbling on dashboard

Hello my Jeep Grand Cherokee friends,

Well I would like to say I'm surprised I'm here but I'm not. My Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland has had at least 10 recalls, including one recall where they included a check for $200 bucks for our trouble(probably one of those "By cashing this check you agree not to sue me" kinda payoffs. In less than four years I've had to replace the heater and more recently the air condtioner. Then, now my luxurious upgraded leather dash is bubbling up from the driver side all the way over to the passenger side. I too was shocked how common these Grand Cherokee leather dashboards are failing. If you type it in google you see dozens of images of failing Jeep dashes. What a nightmare.

I spoke to Mopar Extended Warranty and they won't cover interior issues. I spoke to Chrysler and they said my car complaint fell outside of their internal guidelines for assistance. Now their 4000 manufacturing mistake is now mine to fix. WTF?

I'm one extremely dissatisfied Jeep customer.

#jeep #jeepgrandcherokee #grandcherokee #overland #chrysler #mopar #lawsuit #lemonlaw #wtfjeep #jeeprecalls #grandcherokeerecalls #somebodyhelpus

- Brandon W., McKinney, US

Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6

I have two 2014 Grand Cherokees, an Overland and a Summit. Yes, I know better than to put all of my eggs in one basket, but did it anyway - after lengthy consideration. The leather dash on the Overland dash has started bubbling up just to the right of the instrument cluster. I haven't taken it in yet, since the lease is about to expire. This is the wife's vehicle, so you know I'm hearing about it - A LOT. This is a garage kept vehicle and a sunscreen is used when parked outside. Vehicle still gets hot in this Texas sun.

The Summit has not had the leather dash problem yet; however, it has had the wood grain laminate, on the trim over the over the glove box, split and peel off. Yep - the glue on it gave way. The cost to repair was $590.00 for the replacement trim and $120.00 to install. The 2014 Summit had 54,961 miles on it at the time. This is not a lease vehicle, so I will be hanging on to it for a while.

Other than these two annoying issues, I love the Jeeps, as does my wife.

Has anyone had any success getting Chrysler to cover the cost of repair for either issue?

- summit2014, Austin, TX, US

Oct 212017

Grand Cherokee Overland V6

I bought my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland in used condition from a Jeep Dealership (it was 2 years old) The dashboard started to bubble the following summer on the driver side. I called Jeep at this time. They advised me to call corporate. NO ONE will do anything about it! Corporate blamed it on the prior owner. She said it's from using inappropriate cleaning supplies on the dash!! Explaining it must have lifted the glue. LOL! NONSENSE!!

The dealership gave me a price of around $3,000-$4,000 to replace the dashboard out of my OWN pocket! It seem to worsen once winter arrived. FRUSTRATED... I went to a local upholstery place (whom also fixes car interior) This upholstery business along with 3 others basically told me they cannot fix it since its glued and put together by a machine. I'm now on the second summer & the bubbling has stretched across to the passenger side of the dash!!! A beautiful stitched leather dashboard looks like COMPLETE SH**!!!

This is my first Jeep purchase. Needless to say I WILL NEVER purchase another!!! This problem along with all the recalls and fixes has been stressful and inconvenient to say the least!! So much time and money along with a monthly truck payment has me TICKED OFF indefinitely!!

- Kim C., Monroe, US

Aug 042018

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L

I have read several complaints in reference to this issue and I am puzzled as to why JDC has not address it in is entirety. I look forward to seeing a resolution from JDC.

- atlantasbest007, Atlanta, US

Jun 252018

Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4

I have a 2014 Overland GC that I purchased new. The leather dash is coming apart and wrinkling/bubbling up. It started within the last 2-3 months and is expanding at a rapid pace. The dealership acknowledged that this as an issue they have seen and it would cost around $3000 to replace, they cannot repair it. Suggested I contact Chrysler. I did, they denied it stated I am out of warranty and have too many miles.112K.

My vehicle is garaged or under a carport at my home. It has been well cared for. I take my vehicle in for service at a certified jeep dealership. I am the original owner. I've had many recalls and numerous other issues fixed under warranty. Overall, I was satisfied with my Overland and the service I had received. I cannot understand with the number of complaints for the same exact issues, that my complaint was denied. No adjustment or offer to help to remedy the problem. This issue is all over the internet on forums, you tube, news stations have covered it. They reject my complaint because of mileage? It is not a mechanical issue. Has nothing to do with miles driven.

I am near retirement. I would have remained a loyal customer. It's a shame Chrysler will not stand behind an upgraded that is faulty. This problem absolutely ruins the vehicle not to mention devalues an expensive vehicle.

- warnold, Rowlett, US