- December 2: Chrysler 9-Speed Transmission Lawsuit Awaits Final Settlement news | 12 days ago
- November 28: Chrysler Prevails in Jeep Wrangler Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Jeep Wranglers Over Door Latches recalls | 22 days ago
- November 21: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Frame Welds Should Be Investigated: Petition investigations | 23 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 30 days ago
Jeep Recall P64: Steering Software May Disable Stability Control
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
If the ESC is disabled during certain driving situations, the driver may not be able to adequately control the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electronic Stability Control
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014 Dodge Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles manufactured October 3, 2013, to April 11, 2014. Due to an issue with the software for the Steering Column Control Module (SCCM), the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) may be disabled.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the SCCM software, free of charge. The recall began on November 24, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P64.
- Documents (12)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Issued Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Other Recall Related Documents - Communications Cover Letter
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Renotification Notice - Safety Follow-Up Notification
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
Click a tab for more information.