- May 8: Chrysler Engine Oil Consumption Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- April 27: Jeep Sway Bar Lawsuit Says Disconnect Fails news | 30 days ago
- April 26: Jeep Oil Consumption Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 31 days ago
- April 14: Chrysler Windshield Wiper Recall For Rams and Jeeps recalls | 43 days ago
- April 8: Chrysler Radio Software Recall Affects 365,000 Vehicles recalls | 49 days ago
Jeep Recall T50: Incorrect Software Combination/FMVSS 101
2017 Jeep Renegade
If the malfunction indicator lamps illuminate at incorrect times, the driver may be unaware when a true malfunction occurs, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017 Jeep Renegade vehicles. Due to a software issue, multiple malfunction indicator lamps may illuminate on the instrument panel when no malfunction exists. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, "Control and Displays."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the Instrument Panel Control software, free of charge. The recall began on September 14, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T50.
- Documents (8)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 101
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - September 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 08/03/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T5008032017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.