7.6

2. new steering gear and software (1 reports)
2020 Jeep Wrangler steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2020 Jeep Wrangler:

2020 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

Aug 012020

Wrangler Sport 3.6L V6

Bought my first Jeep (2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport) in August and notice that the vehicle seemed to drift and steering wheel response extremely sluggish. This combination brought me to the dealer to get it resolved. Dealership drove it and said it was steering gear issue (tsb 07-074-20). Dealership did the work and seemed to tighten up the steering sluggishness, but the vehicle was still wandering and was still tough to keep going straight down the road without a lot of correcting. I brought the vehicle back to another dealership (other dealership didn't have loaner vehicle which was kind of bs since their website stated they did) recently and they noticed the vehicle wandering.

They tried adjusting wheel alignment but it seemed to only change which direction the jeep had the tendency of going in. They have now installed a fox steering stabilizer, but I still feel the vehicle wandering like I had low profile tires on it. I honestly think that with slight wind or pitch in road the vehicle's weight is shifted which make the vehicle veer in the direction of the weight. Maybe a sway bar would fix or a stiffer frame. Who knows... But I wish it could be fixed instead of pretending it doesn't exist.

- Randy T., Hudson, MA, US

Mar 012020

Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L V6

I wasn't sure this was a problem. I thought maybe all Jeeps drive like this. Wrong. It wanders on the road, pulls to one side or the other, lots of play in the steering wheel. There was a lot of movement before the Jeep would move to where I wanted it to go. This could cause an accident!

I complained on one of the Jeep Forums about it then I got a call from Jeep Customer Service. What a surprise! They said they knew about the problem and wanted to make sure that it got corrected for me. There was a TSB out about the problem.

A little later, CS called me back to set up an appointment at the dealer for me. Said they ordered the parts and would have the dealer call me when they came in. They did. Parts were put in, it drives like it should now.

I have to thank Jeep Customer Service, Gary Mathews Jeep and Anthony for all their help and caring.

- cdobis47, Cedar Hill, US

Jan 142020

Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 2.0L Turbo

There is about an 1&1/2" of play in the steering wheel. I am constantly having to correct for steering wander. The Wrangler is not a sports car, but there should not be any wandering as I have dealt with. It's not safe to or for passengers. Jeep has somewhat corrected this problem in replacing the steering box with a new cast-iron steering box. But it seems to be at the dealerships discretion whether to replace or not which is completely unacceptable. This should be a blanket recall.

- rdrumiss2, Harvest, US

Jul 302020

Wrangler Unlimited Sport 3.6L V6

I am leasing this 2020 Jeep Wrangler, Unlimited Sport edition, I noticed immediately first day that the steering pulls to the sides when I drive on the highway! I thought it's just a Jeep thing since it's my first Jeep. But I started researching online as it seems unsafe and noticed it's a known issue with 2020 Wranglers! I will call the dealer this Monday to see what my options are, it feels unsafe on highway!

- Shatao A., Washington, DC, US

Jul 102020

Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L

Purchased new Jeep Rubicon last month, vehicle is dangerous to drive. Jeep wanders over the road from side to side and will veer into oncoming traffic. It requires a constant fight with the steering wheel to keep the vehicle in the road. I have adjusted tire pressure by Chrysler standards and had the dealer do a PCM flash to no avail. The mechanic at the dealership verified and duplicated the issue after test driving it.

- Craig M., Dublin, US