7.6

$4,500

2. replace engine (1 reports)
2013 Kia Forte engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Kia Forte:

2013 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Jun 032019

Forte

As like every other problem with this car, I was driving on the freeway and my car basically shut off, it started knocking I had NO power steering.. one minute it was fine and the next all the dash lights started going off and I lost all power, I was able to get off the freeway but now the warranty company is trying to pin it on me, and after seeing how many other people are having this problem I'm thinking we need a recall on our cars, The car is still well under 100,000 miles! why is this happening? Any advice? I'll take it straight to the company if I have to.

- Vanessa F., Hesperia, US

Feb 062019

Forte EX 2.0L 4-cyl

Just bought the Kia 6 months ago. It was running fine and now this knocking. WTF!!!.. My local auto repair guy( which I trust!! ) and online research of this problem told and showed me the best way to resolve this problem is to replace the engine. Man this is going to cost a ton.. I just don't have $4500 to spend. Kia needs to help fix this known engine problem.

I have wrote a message to Kia and am waiting for a response. I also told the dealer and they cannot do anything without a warranty( which they didn't offer because the car mileage was over 100k). I did join a class action lawsuit for engine problems on the 2013 Kia Forte. Here's the link : tjl.quebec/en/class-action/kia-forte-problemes-de-moteur/. I don't know if legit or not but it's worth a try.

Hopefully Kia coming forward and acknowledges this engine problem and compensates me for the expense.

- geolil69, New Braunfels, US

Nov 222017

Forte EX 2.0L

This car has had every oil change done with a factory filter and still have the same annoying tick or knock that many other are complaining about. A car that is only 5 years old with not even 50,000 miles on it shouldn't be louder than my car from 2000. KIA needs to step up and own this issue.

- Mike C., Pottstown, PA, US

Aug 022017

Forte EX 2.0L

Took the Kia to a dealer while on the road and they could not hear the knocking. First it was only with the car in gear and your foot on the brake. As time went on it begin doing it without the foot on the brake. Then only when the vehicle was in gear. Now it knocks in neutral or in park with or without applying pressure to the brake pedal. One dealer said it was the AC Compressor bearings, so we paid to replace it. Took it back for the knock and they replaced the tension bar and pulley. Then they replaced the AC Compressor again. Over $1,200 later it still knocks and getting louder.

- Marty F., Talladega, US

Mar 012015

Forte EX 2.0L

The engine starts knocking after 60000km. Kia's dealer won't recognize till today, 4 months and 12000km later.

- David L., Quebec, QC, Canada