9.0

$5,000

1. engine replacement (1 reports)
2014 Kia Forte engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Forte:

2014 Kia Forte Owner Comments

Dec 012018

Forte EX 2.0L

Hyundai/Kia is intentionally covering up a design flaw causing these engines to fail prematurely. Extensive sludge buildup leads to oil consumption, leads to low oil, leads to starved and spun rod bearings and total engine failure. We had to wait a month to get a used engine because NONE were available for that long within a 500 mile shipping range from my house in Minnesota.... and they were snapped up as soon as available. That's a sign, and the result of a design flaw!

There is a 25 Year engineer that worked at Hyundai/Kia that came forward and blew the whistle against these engines. There have been non-disclosure agreements used in cases where repairs are used, and in my opinion the tale they've spun in a previous recall was strictly to limit the number of engines placed in the "class". They claimed in was metal shavings from a limited amount of production facilities that occurred during a de-burring process.

Honestly, the company is in full cover up and hold on mode...probably until the number of vehicles on the road is limited so that a full recall won't hit them that hard financially. We all know as time goes on, vehicles are retired to junk yards. Don't buy these cars!!! unless you want to pay for a new engine while your car is relatively new.

- masdeferens, Coon Rapids, US

Oct 012017

Forte 1.8L

I've had this car for over two years now and was really happy to drive it since it is very fuel efficient and drives good for its class. Took it out for road trips and everything was smooth no problem. I figured Kia is finally building quality cars. But few months ago I started hearing knocking in the engine when I start until its warmed up and sometimes when I stop at a light even with warmed up engine I could still hear knocking/clicking. This does match the acceleration and knocks faster when I speed up. I was thinking its the problem with me using Mobile 1 advanced synthetic oil, which should last up to 15, 000 miles and replaced it earlier than should but the problem never went away. It still does the same thing and I am planning to add oil stabilizer to see what will happen and if that will help. I guess Kia never actually started building quality cars so I will be getting rid of this one and going for something reliable that won't have me worried at 40k miles.

- Daria D., Kent, WA, US