- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 5 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 31 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 58 days ago
- December 19: Kia Sorento Recalled to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 67 days ago
- December 13: Kia Forte Brake Light Switch Recall Issued recalls | 73 days ago
2014 Kia Forte
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Kia Forte
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Kia Forte by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Kia service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Kia customer service.
2014 Kia Forte ELECTRICAL SYSTEM NHTSA Campaign #15V015000
Summary: Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2014 Kia Forte vehicles manufactured December 5, 2012, to April 17, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the cooling fan resistor may overheat and melt.
Consequence: If the cooling fan resistor overheats and melts, there is an increased risk of a vehicle fire.
Actions: Kia will notify owners, and for vehicles produced from December 5, 2012 to January 27, 2014, dealers will replace the cooling fan resistor and multi-fuse unit. For vehicles produced from January 28, 2014 to April 17, 2014, dealers will replace the multi-fuse unit only. Owners of vehicles with a 1.8L engine will also have the engine control unit software updated. The recall began on February 20, 2015. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC113. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V015000 »