- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 4 days ago
- August 1: Kia Recalls Optimas For Forward Collision System Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- July 27: South Korea Indicts 3 Hyundai Executives Over Theta II Engines news | 25 days ago
- July 26: Kia Sued After 2011 Soul Hit An Alligator news | 26 days ago
- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 32 days ago
Kia Recall SC171: Incorrect Low Beam Aiming/FMVSS 108
2019 Kia Forte
If the headlights are not properly aimed, the driver may have reduced visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Headlights
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2019 Kia Forte vehicles equipped with LED headlights. The headlights may not have been manufactured with the correct low beam aiming. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the headlight aiming and replace the headlights, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 30, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC171.
Click a tab for more information.