- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 0 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 4 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 19 days ago
- February 28: Kia Sedona Recall Needed to Protect Child Passengers recalls | 22 days ago
Kia Recall SC171: Incorrect Low Beam Aiming/FMVSS 108
2019 Kia Forte
If the headlights are not properly aimed, the driver may have reduced visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Headlights
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2019 Kia Forte vehicles equipped with LED headlights. The headlights may not have been manufactured with the correct low beam aiming. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the headlight aiming and replace the headlights, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 30, 2018. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC171.
Click a tab for more information.