- November 30: Kia Carnival Recall Issued For Sliding Door Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- November 25: Hyundai and Kia Car Thefts in Milwaukee Cause Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Sudden Acceleration Petition Alleges 8 Fatalities investigations | 11 days ago
- November 20: Kia Sorento Oil Pressure Switch Recall May Be Necessary investigations | 11 days ago
- November 7: Kia Optima Hybrid Engine Recall Announced recalls | 24 days ago
Kia Recall SC187: Low Pressure Fuel Hose May Crack And Leak
2013 Kia Optima
If the fuel hose cracks, a fuel leak can occur, increasing the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Optima vehicles equipped with 2.4L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) or 2.0L GDI Turbo engines. The low pressure fuel hose may deteriorate and crack over time due to heat generated within the engine compartment.
- Kia will notify Owners, and Dealers will inspect the low pressure fuel hose for damage or leaking, replacing it as necessary. If no damage or leaking is found, a heat-protective tape will be installed. Repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began June 12, 2020. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC187.
Click a tab for more information.