- December 4: Kia Sportage Airbag Problems Lead to Recall of 77,000 SUVs recalls | 2 days ago
- November 17: Kia Niro Hybrids Recalled Following 5 Fires recalls | 19 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 36 days ago
- October 26: Kia Sportage Engine Fire Recall Issued Again recalls | 41 days ago
- October 15: Kia K5 and Sorento Transmissions May Need to Be Replaced recalls | 52 days ago
Kia Recall SC187: Low Pressure Fuel Hose May Crack And Leak
2013 Kia Optima
If the fuel hose cracks, a fuel leak can occur, increasing the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Optima vehicles equipped with 2.4L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) or 2.0L GDI Turbo engines. The low pressure fuel hose may deteriorate and crack over time due to heat generated within the engine compartment.
- Kia will notify Owners, and Dealers will inspect the low pressure fuel hose for damage or leaking, replacing it as necessary. If no damage or leaking is found, a heat-protective tape will be installed. Repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began June 12, 2020. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC187.
Click a tab for more information.