- October 13: ZF Airbag Lawsuit Includes 15 Million Vehicles news | 46 days ago
- October 3: Kia Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification news | 56 days ago
- September 10: Kia Telluride Windshield Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 79 days ago
- September 4: Kia HECU Recall Issued Following Engine Fires recalls | 85 days ago
Kia Recall SC187: Low Pressure Fuel Hose May Crack And Leak
2014 Kia Optima
If the fuel hose cracks, a fuel leak can occur, increasing the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain 2013-2014 Optima vehicles equipped with 2.4L Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) or 2.0L GDI Turbo engines. The low pressure fuel hose may deteriorate and crack over time due to heat generated within the engine compartment.
- Kia will notify Owners, and Dealers will inspect the low pressure fuel hose for damage or leaking, replacing it as necessary. If no damage or leaking is found, a heat-protective tape will be installed. Repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began June 12, 2020. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC187.
Click a tab for more information.