- November 17: Kia Niro Hybrids Recalled Following 5 Fires recalls | 11 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 28 days ago
- October 26: Kia Sportage Engine Fire Recall Issued Again recalls | 33 days ago
- October 15: Kia K5 and Sorento Transmissions May Need to Be Replaced recalls | 44 days ago
- October 1: Hyundai Theft Fix is a $170 Security Kit news | 58 days ago
Kia TSB #WTY023_DPSM
2016 Kia Optima
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- WARRANTY EXTENSION: DEALER PARTS AND SERVICE MANAGER MEMO - This document is the announcement to the dealer Parts and Service Managers of the warranty extension program for WTY023. Kia America, Inc., is extending the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage for the Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) unit, also known as Electronic Power Steering (EPS) unit, from 5 years/60,000 miles to 15 years/150,000 miles, whichever comes first, starting from the date the vehicle was first put into service. The power steering uses a motor to assist in steering the vehicle. If the engine is off or if the power steering system becomes inoperative, the vehicle may be steered, but it will require increased steering effort by the driver. This warranty extension is to address specific concerns with the functionality of the MDPS unit.
Click a tab for more information.