8.7

2. replace engine (1 reports)
2014 Kia Soul engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Soul:

2014 Kia Soul Owner Comments

May 012019

Soul Plus 2.0L

click to see larger images

knocking

Bought vehicle in 2017 used approx 67,000 miles, 4 months later is when engine failed. Connecting rod shot thru wall of engine (photo attached) and kia said no recall. Paid to have used engine installed. May 1st 2019 round 2, engine making loud rattling noise from engine, no hole in engine yet, but we have parked it. Oil changes have been done regularly and engine oil was full when noise occurred, no engine lights on and no leaks.

Kia Motors Issues a recall for engine failures on 1.6 liter engine. Same exact issues that recall states is the same exact issue i am having with my car, but the 2.0 is not covered.

So this is the kicker for me, Kia and Hyundai Motors has admitted to having engine defects on possibly close to 2,000,000 vehicles on certain engines but my 1 car that has already had an engine installed at my cost (Which I am still making payments on) now has a second engine defect on a used Kia engine that was installed.

I am still a strong consumer of Hyundai and Kia but common sense would be to include all engine sizes on engine defect recall due to having the same complaints. Anyone having similar issues and wants to contact me feel free to tnerb728@gmail.com

- Brent H., Oklahoma City, US

May 232019

Soul

Car started ticking, opened up the oil cap and it was like slime.

- Css A., Amarillo, TX, US

Nov 112018

Soul !

I hear knocking from the engine. Mechanic say the oil was low. Did not have a warning light or anything else. Always changed oil on time with the dealer!!

- P. M., Ossining, US