- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 23 days ago
- July 31: Kia Sephia Brake Pads and Rotors Focus of Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 80 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 87 days ago
Kia Recall SC077: Stop Lamp Switch Replacement
2006 Kia Sportage
Any of these malfunctions, alone or in combination, may lead to a crash.
Exterior Lighting — Brake Lights — Switch
- Huyndai-Kia is recalling 139,844 MY 2006-2007- sedona, Sportage, sorento and my rondo and amanti vehicles. The stop lamp switch in the affected vehicles may malfunction. A malfunctioning stop lamp switch may cause the brake lights to not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed or may cause the brake lights to remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released. A stop lamp switch malfunction may also affect the operation of the brake-transmission shift interlock feature so the transmission shifter would not be able to be shifted out of the park position. It may also cause the electronic stability control (ESC) malfunction light to illuminate, and it may not deactivate the cruise control when the brake pedal is depressed.
- Dealers will replace the stop lamp switch free of charge. The recall began on June 17, 2009. Owners may contact Kia's consumer assistance center at 1-800-333-4542.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.