- April 24: Hyundai Engine Oil Sludge Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 1 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 18 days ago
- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 32 days ago
- March 18: Kia Recalls Optima Hybrids That Can Lose Power recalls | 38 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 39 days ago
Kia Recall SC121: Intermittent Failure Of The Brake Light Switch
2011 Kia Sportage
Whenever the brake switch is not working, the brake lights will not illuminate, reducing the ability to warn other motorists of the driver's intentions of stopping, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Switches — Brake Light
- Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2011 Sportage vehicles manufactured March 7, 2011, to June 8, 2011. In the affected vehicles, the brake light switch may intermittently fail.
- Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake light switch, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2015. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC121.
- Documents (14)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Parts & Service
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SC 121 July 2015
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.