- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 4 days ago
- April 14: Mazda3 Windshield Wiper Problems Cause Recall recalls | 11 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 11 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 34 days ago
- February 6: Mazda MX-5 Miata Recall Issued For 14,370 Cars recalls | 78 days ago
Blown Head Gasket
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Mazda CX-7 has numerous reports filed with the NHTSA about engine & A/C problems, continuing these defect trends from the 2007 model year.
Owners report problems with the 2008 CX-7's Variable Valve Timing (VVT) & timing chain failing, causing major damage to the engine — Mazda uses an interference design so typically the valves are bent & the entire engine needs to be replaced. Mazda dealers typically quote $9,000 for an engine replacement.
There is also a trend of the turbo failing at low mileage.
Finally for the 2008 CX-7 there is a clear pattern of A/C compressor failure at relatively low mileage. Owners report smoke & occasionally the serpentine belt catches fire when the A/C compressor clutch seizes while driving. Mazda extended the A/C warranty to 60,000 miles, however many owners report their A/C compressor failed very soon after the 60k mark.
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering turbocharger oil leaks & excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 119,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)