- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 0 days ago
- April 14: Mazda3 Windshield Wiper Problems Cause Recall recalls | 7 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 7 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 30 days ago
- February 6: Mazda MX-5 Miata Recall Issued For 14,370 Cars recalls | 74 days ago
Mazda Recall 1317F: Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2010 Mazda CX-7
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain 2013 Mazda6 and CX-9 vehicles sold, or ever registered in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands or "Zone A." Additionally, unless covered in "Zone A, " Mazda is recalling certain 2010 Mazda6, CX-7 and CX-9 vehicles sold, or ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia or "Zone B." Additionally, unless covered in Zone A or Zone B, Mazda is recalling certain 2009 Mazda6, CX-7, and CX-9 vehicles ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator with an alternate inflator, free of charge. The recall began March 2, 2018. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 1317F.
- Documents (8)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - January 10, 2018 - Announcement of Expanded Model Years for Takata Air Bag Safety Recalls
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Miscellaneous Document - PARTS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION Recall Campaign 1317F
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- February 14, 2018 - Takata Interim Recall Repairs
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- March 2, 2018 - Launch of Safety Recall 1317F – Takata Frontal Passenger Side Air Bag - Inflator Permanent Remedy
Click a tab for more information.