- August 6: Mazda3 Rearview Mirror Problems Cause Recall recalls | 44 days ago
- July 25: Mazda3 Recalled To Fix Faulty Head Restraints recalls | 56 days ago
- July 21: Mazda Recalls MX-5 Miata Cars For Loose Skid Plates recalls | 60 days ago
- July 13: Mazda Water Pump Lawsuit Says Failures Cause Engine Damage news | 68 days ago
- July 11: Mazda3, Mazda6 and CX-5 Recalled For Stalling Engines recalls | 70 days ago
Water Pump Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: The only area of real concern for 2013 Mazda CX-9 owners is the brake booster.
In 2014, Mazda extended the warranty on the 2007-2013 CX-9 brake booster to 7 years / 90,000 miles. However this extended warranty has expired for most affected CX-9 owners, so buyer beware.
This Mazda CX-9 brake booster failure isn't terrible in terms of repair cost — it "only" costs $550 average to fix. However it is a safety issue when the brake booster fails as it increases stopping distance. Owners have reported having to stomp on the brake pedal, & crashes/injuries have been reported due to this CX-9 brake booster defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine and water pump (2 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)