- October 11: Mercedes-Benz E-Class Wagons Recalled For Detaching Rear Spoilers recalls | 6 days ago
- October 5: Mercedes-Benz Recall: Driver's Airbags May Fail recalls | 12 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Recalls GLE350 4Matic and GLE450 4Matic SUVs recalls | 22 days ago
- September 25: Mercedes-Benz Emissions Cheating Leads to Nearly $1 Billion Fine news | 22 days ago
- September 6: Mercedes-Benz NECK-PRO Lawsuit Filed as Class Action news | 41 days ago
Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018050003: Air Bag Inflator Housing Material Failure
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
In the event of a crash involving driver air bag deployment, an improperly inflated air bag and/or an inflator rupture with sharp metal fragments might result in serious injury or death to the driver or to occupants.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- Mercedes-Benz USA LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 AMG GT, AMG GT C, GLC43 AMG 4Matic, GLC300, GLC300 4Matic and GLC350e 4Matic vehicles. The housing for the driver side air bag inflator may have been made with defective steel. In the event of an air bag deployment, the defective steel may cause the inflator to improperly inflate the driver-side air bag and potentially rupture.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front driver air bag module, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 29, 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
Click a tab for more information.