- December 20: Nissan Titan Recall Issued After 'Thermal Incident' recalls | 34 days ago
- December 11: Nissan Sentra Recall Ordered For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 43 days ago
- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 83 days ago
Nissan Preliminary Evaluation PE04077: ALTERNATOR FAILURE/ ENGINE STALLING
2004 Nissan Murano
ALTERNATOR FAILURE/ ENGINE STALLING
- ODI opened PE04-077 based on 14 reports of alleged engine stalling due to alternator failure.all of the complaints reported that the vehicle could not be restarted after the stall occurred.during PE04-077, additional failure data was identified as noted in the failure report summary above. During the investigation, Nissan identified that there had been alternator warranty replacements due to an open circuit in the rotor coil caused by wire fatigue. ODI's analysis shows failure rates that are of concern to ODI and indicates that the alleged defect is continuing to occur in the subject vehicles.ODI's analysis also shows that nearly all of the alternator warranty claims submitted resulted in engine stalls and at least 25% of the engine stalls resulted in a no restart condition.however, in 71% of the warranty data submitted, ODI has not been able to determine if the consumer could restart the vehicle.this preliminary evaluation has been upgraded to an engineering analysis to further investigate this concern, to assess the potential safety-related consequences, and to determine the scope of the affected population.
- Documents (7)
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED * 11-19/04 * P
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED * 03/25/05 * P
- OCC 6/16/2005 LETTER TO NISSAN , GRANT CONFIDENTIAL TO NISSAN 5/6/2005 LETTER
- NISSAN NISSAN 5/6/2005 LETTER TO OCC, REQUEST FOR CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT
- GM 12/01/2004 PROGRAM BULLET
- NISSAN 6/23/2005 FAX LETTER TO ODI
- IR TO MFR * 11/24/04 * P
Click a tab for more information.