2017 Nissan Rogue Sport engine problems: loss of power while driving

Loss Of Power While Driving

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport:

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport Owner Comments

Apr 062018

Rogue Sport SL

2017-Nissan Rogue Sport; Driving on Hwy 41, the Rogue loses power/power failure and almost comes to a complete stop. The Rogue then comes back up and continues up Hwy 41. The rear stop lights did not come on when the power went down. I was on a 5 lane hwy and could have been hit from behind. Also, would not have been able to get out of the car since I was in the middle lane.

In speaking with the dealerships, this appears to be a known issue. I took it to AutoNation Nissan they kept it for two days. When I picked the Rogue up from their call, it did not and has not driven the same; I explained this to the tech, Robert.

When he test drove it with us, he gunned it going up a hill, the engine just raced, the car did nothing. He immediately turned to a downhill rd and took the car back to the dealership.

This is a major safety issue, which I’ve been through before with Nissan. Everyone at the dealerships wants to talk about electrical issues, first thing they check. I spoke with a person at the dealership that advised they do what NISSAN tells them to do.

So it appears the safety issue continues, Nissan has the reset the computer to new settings and the problems and safety issue, in our opinion, was never addressed. I now have a 2017 Rogue Sport with safety issues and sounds like an old car on its last leg after the dealership is done with it. It's time Nissan steps up to the plate and fixes the problem. Maybe the government needs to step in and sanction Nissan for the peoples safety.

Update from Apr 9, 2018: The problem occurred on 4/2/18, Received the Rogue back on 4/6/18

- Jean R., Oxford, US