- August 8: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Nears Final Hearing news | 8 days ago
- July 30: Nissan Infotainment System Problems Cause Recall recalls | 17 days ago
- July 24: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 23 days ago
- July 1: Nissan Frontier and Titan Owners Warned to Use Parking Brakes recalls | 46 days ago
- June 28: Nissan Pathfinder Hood Latch Recall Follows Investigation recalls | 49 days ago
Nissan Recall : Frontal Passenger Air Bag Inflators May Explode
2006 Nissan Sentra
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Passenger Side — Inflator Module
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2001-2003 Maxima, 2002-2006 Sentra, 2002-2004 Pathfinder, 2007-2011 Versa Sedan and Versa Hatchback, 2001-2004 Infiniti I30 and I35, 2002-2003 Inifiniti QX4, 2003-2008 Infiniti FX35 and FX45 and 2006-2010 M35 and M45 vehicles. The vehicles are equipped with non-desiccated, frontal passenger air bag inflators containing phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant that were used as interim remedy parts for previous Takata recalls. These inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflators with alternate desiccated inflators, free of charge. The recall began February 12, 2020. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 888-737-9511 or Infiniti customer service at 888-810-3715.
Click a tab for more information.